Thursday, August 22, 2013

Exes...The lasting influence of your ex in relationships.



So, you've cried your last tear, you've returned all their clothes. You are finally over your ex or so you say. Recently I was  dating someone and on our dates she would bring up these stories about her ex being an ass towards her, and or instances where things I did or we had in common she also had with her ex. This brought me to a realization, in my mind I wondered, is she sizing me up to her ex, is everything we do a sense of deja vu to her. This brings me to the point, exes always leave you with one bitter gift, that is from that point on everyone you date you unknowingly or knowingly will compare to them and may or may not put up' defensive walls' whenever they get an instance when "Hey this person really reminds me of my ex and I know how that worked out." Sometimes it may be a good thing to keep in mind however don't hold it against someone new if they have traits reminiscent of the GOOD ones your ex had. Once they don't have the same FAULTS, never go into a relationship holding on to the baggage of those that didn't work out.

No comments:

Post a Comment